Friday, March 09, 2007

I did it!

I did it. I made it through the track meet in one piece, and not only that, I also made it through with some really good and funny news.
Drum roll please.....
I came in 1st place!!!!!! It felt so awsome! I love that feeling that hits you a few minutes after you ran. The feeling is like no other and all you can do is sit there and smile and say, "I did it!".
Now I have some funny news to tell you. As we were running the last 100 on the mile, a girl in last place happened to "pitch her cookies" (as Mimi, Grand Sheila, would say). After she let it all out in another girls lane she kicked it into gear and passed about 3 paople to accept 6th place. Now that is a run!
What makes me laugh is that I had been talking to Boo, My fellow miler lauren Heinrich, before we ran about how it would certainly be something to have someone "pitch their cookies" in the mile race. We just didn't think it would actually happen.

No comments: